Vision Statement: All middle school children will have a safe, enriching environment to go to after school.
- Respect for self and others
- Caring relationships with adults
- Improved interpersonal and social behaviors
- Appreciation for volunteerism
- Exploration of varied opportunities
The success of the Kennett After-School Association’s After-The-Bell program is due to the collaboration of many. The Kennett After-School Association enjoys a strong partnership with the Kennett Consolidated School District which offers invaluable support by providing use of the Kennett Middle School facility for the After-The-Bell program; moreover, the faculty and administration support the program with their personal financial and volunteer contributions. The Kennett -After-School Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization supported by community gifts, foundation grants, and the United Way of Southern Chester County. After-The-Bell is free to the students and comes at no direct cost to the tax payers or the school district. After-The-Bell collaborates with many community organizations, local businesses, and other non-profits for activities, volunteers, and program space.
Key Program Features
- Fall, Winter, and Spring Cycles
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2:35pm to 5:00pm
- A wide variety of academic, recreational, social, and cultural activities to meet the varied interests of middle school students.
- Free after-school program provided at no cost to the school district or taxpayer.
- Free healthy snack
- Free transportation home for all students every day.